In individual therapy with adults, the focus is on the perceptions, feelings, thoughts, and symptoms of the client. Through the therapeutic relationship, adults in therapy gain new awareness regarding their difficulties, build and strengthen healthy ways of coping with stress.
Adults who may benefit from individual therapy include adults who...
- Suffer from depression or other mood disorders
- Experience anxiety, fear, specific phobias, or obsessions and compulsions (OCD)
- Have recently experienced a major life change such as marriage, pregnancy, or birth of child
- Need help dealing with a loss due to death, divorce, or abandonment
- Want to improve their personal or professional relationships
- Exhibit disordered eating patterns
- Have experienced abuse or trauma
- Have low self-esteem which is keeping them from achieving their goals
Phone and Internet therapy is available for adult therapy.